What if you always had perfect vision, for distance and near, but are now experiencing some difficulties reading things up close? Do you constantly have to look for your reading glasses when you answer your mobile phone to see who is calling you? What about reading the menu while dining at a restaurant? Have you ever been shopping but forgot your reading glasses so you end up asking someone to read the price tag for you? Well, if the answer is YES to any of the above, then you are in luck! Near Vision LASIK (NV LASIK) could be the answer!!!
NEAR VISION OR NV LASIK A Solution for People with Age-Related Vision Problems
Starting at approximately 38 years old, most people will begin to notice that reading and other near tasks are not as easy as they once were. Focusing up close becomes more difficult. By the mid 40s, many must struggle to read a menu and are unable to read a price tag at a store without using reading glasses. For these people there is now a choice that can decrease their dependence on glasses and can help them see both near and far.
NV LASIK is a new form of LASIK treatment for people with presbyopia (age-related near vision problems). Unlike typical LASIK surgery, only one eye is treated. This eye is given a small amount of near-sightedness for reading and near work. This allows the recipient to live a normal life without needing to carry a pair of glasses everywhere they go for even simple tasks such as looking at a menu.
Qualities for an NV LASIK candidates:
- Approximately 45 years of age or older
- Currently experiencing difficulty or discomfort in reading
- Good health and without any eye disease
- Adequate understanding of the benefits and limitations of NV LASIK
Some Facts about NV LASIK at TRSC:
- NV LASIK is the newest LASIK treatment for problems associated with presbyopia and TRSC was the first LASIK center in Thailand to use this technology in the year 2000. Results have been successful and satisfying.
- A current TRSC survey shows that 98.4% of patients who had NV LASIK were happy and glasses free overall. The survey included questions of visual functionality such as reading the newspaper, menus, price tags, computer work, driving, etc.
- NV LASIK is a permanent treatment meant to decrease a person's dependence on glasses. Recipients can read and perform most near vision tasks without needing to wear glasses.
TRSC Current Study of Functionality: The following shows the percent of patients who are glasses free for the specific activities.
TRSC NV LASIK 2006
Sewing or small crafts
Reading a Newspaper
Reading a Menu
Using a Mobile Phone
Playing board games
Using a computer
Using a laptop
Watching a movie in the theatre
Playing sports such as golf or tennis
** TRSC Clinical Research
You may make an appointment for the NV LASIK ScreenTM Program to determine if NV LASIK is suitable for you.
The NV LASIK ScreenTM Program includes:
Eye refraction and measurements
Eye glasses or contact lens testing to simulate NV LASIK
Discussion with consultant
*** For more information and to make an appointment, please contact TRSC Call Center 02-733-2020